Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In which our Audience is introduced to The Narrator, and promises are made that probably won't be kept.

I have done this before. My last blog covered my time at film school in Canada through most of my time in New Zealand. After a bit the weather and wine caused me to become sluggish, and so I stopped writing. That blog was the apparent delight of at least several people, one of which introduced herself to me at the IMATS in Vancouver, and told me that my blog was the deciding factor in her choice of makeup schools. I found this rather surreal, and was left with the urge to sign an autograph.  Despite the facts that I love to hear myself talk, enjoy repeating myself, and the cell phone rates for international calling in New Zealand are the best I've ever seen, I used my old blog as a way to keep people informed while maintaining a remarkably lazy lifestyle; the same lifestyle that led to the demise of said blog. The theory behind The Shiny And New Blog is that I will be able to keep the lazy at bay, and thus keep people informed of the things I have probably spent all day telling them already. However, I am rather lazy, and typing is hard work, so the best I can offer is that I'll try, kinda. And, if in that trying, something makes me want to sign autographs again, then this blog will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment